These two paintings were completed in October for one client. They were quite straight forward. I worked from one photograph for each painting. I thoroughly enjoyed the process as the photos were very interesting, taken on a sunny day with some beautiful shadows. The photos were very detailed and I wanted to make the paintings a little more unique so I decided to keep my brushstrokes quite visible. I wanted to give the skin tones luminosity in the highlights and I used some strong oranges in the shadows to achieve this. The client was very happy with the result. The paintings are 25 x 25 cm and 25 x 35 cm in size and painted with acrylics on stretched canvas. I stretched them in house myself with fine grain canvas.
I took some photographs of the finished paintings which you can see below. I am also including the reference photos I worked from.